My name is Martina Michalikova and I’m on a mission to help scientists develop their writing competence.
As a writing scientist myself, I saw first-hand how writing skills can make or break a scientific career. I started to support my struggling colleagues and found a great satisfaction in their progress.
So after finishing my doctoral thesis I obtained further qualification as a writing consultant and developed my own systematic approach specifically tailored to the needs of young researchers in natural & life science.
My method allows researchers write better texts faster and without suffering by optimizing text quality as well as the writing process itself.
- Doctoral title in Theoretical Biology, Theoretical neuroscience group of Prof. Richard Kempter, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, Germany
- Certified writing consultant specialized in scientific writing in English as a second language
- Certified yoga teacher, using yoga in course breaks to help restore the focus of participants
- Michalikova M, Remme MWH, Schmitz D, Schreiber S, Kempter R (2019): Spikelets in pyramidal neurons: generating mechanisms, distinguishing properties, and functional implications. Reviews in the Neurosciences, 31(1), 101-119. (abstract) (full text)
- Michalikova M, Remme MWH, Kempter R (2018): Extracellular Waveforms Reveal an Axonal Origin of Spikelets in Pyramidal Neurons. Journal of Neurophysiology, 120, 1484-1495. (abstract) (full text)
- Michalikova M, Remme MWH, Kempter R (2017): Spikelets in Pyramidal Neurons: Action Potentials Initiated in the Axon Initial Segment That Do Not Activate the Soma. PLOS Computational Biology, 13, e1005237. (abstract) (full text)
30+ courses with 400+ young researchers
Bernstein Center for Computational Neuroscience Berlin
Bernstein Network Computational Neuroscience – SMARTSTART Program
Charité Universitätsmedizin Berlin
Christian-Albrecht University of Kiel
Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin – Graduate Centre Life Sciences
Justus Liebig University Giessen
Leibniz Institute for Prevention Research and Epidemiology Bremen
Leibniz Institute of Vegetable and Ornamental Crops Großbeeren
Life Science Zurich Graduate School
Max Planck Institute for Dynamics and Self-Organization Göttingen
SFB/TRR 205 – programs “Young Scientists” and “Clinician Scientists”
Technische Universität Berlin – Zentraleinrichtung Wissenschaftliche Weiterbildung und Kooperation
Technische Universität Braunschweig – Graduate Academy GradTUBS
Technische Universität Dresden – School of Medicine
Technische Universität Kaiserslautern
University of Basel – Graduate Center Basel
University of Konstanz – Konstanz Research School Chemical Biology
University of Potsdam – SFB 1294 Data Assimilation