Workshop is a practical format focusing on tools and strategies to effectively handle challenges of scientific writing and publishing. The goal hereby is not only to improve the quality of produced texts, but also to make the writing process more efficient and begin a path of continuous development.
To enable the maximum possible transfer of learned skills, my workshops employ interactive and collaborative methods, including writing sessions, reflection, peer feedback, exercises, discussions with the group and in pairs, and Q&A rounds. Each participant receives a handout which summarizes the workshop contents and supplies further tips and exercises.
- Basic workshop 1: Develop your scientific writing [2 days]
- Basic workshop 2: Writing and publishing research articles [2 days]
- Workshop Lab book & good scientific practice [0.5 day]
- Workshop Improve your writing productivity [0.5–1 day]
- Workshop Writing a successful PhD proposal [1–2 days]
- Workshop Empowering women in sciences through writing (In preparation)
- Special Science slam course [3 workshop days + 6 weeks of individual work]
You really did a great job in convincing me that writing is super important and that I should practice daily.
I liked the refreshing style of the workshop and that it was based on material relevant for my current work.
Martina’s approach to teaching by having writers realize issues, strengths, and habits of writing on their own allows for continued work and growth after the workshop.